Lansdowne supports its clients across the entire transaction lifecycle from origination to exit. Whether companies are acquiring or selling a business, raising capital or evaluating an investment opportunity, we provide the necessary expertise and experience to ensure successful results.
What makes Lansdowne different is that we leverage our strategic and operational background to support our clients in complex and competitive transactions that require more than just corporate finance knowledge. This means that our clients can tap our industry sector expertise, deep pool of consultants and industry executives and global network of Lansdowne and partner offices to ensure optimal results.
Transaction Support Services
- Identification of potential investments or acquisition targets
- Evaluation of investment rationale and development of business plans
Investor and strategic partner identification
- Identification of potential financial investors
- Identification of strategic partners across the world, including emerging markets
- Strategic negotiation support
- Strategic, commercial and customer due diligence
- Negotiation support and closing
- Transformation planning and valuation impact evaluation
Post-transaction support and portfolio development
- Post merger integration: rapid integration of companies after acquisition including development and delivery of revenue and cost synergy plan and overall programme management
- First 100-day plans: identification and implementation of rapid optimisation initiatives
- Cash generation: strategic procurement and working capital improvements
- Searching and assigning interim managers
Exit strategy development and execution
- Exit planning and restructuring to create new opportunities
- Auction process management
Strategic Partner Development
Case Study: Assisted next generation offshore wind company to establish strategic partnerships with leading energy and engineering firms in Europe and Asia. Opened doors for senior corporate and government level negotiations to support the company’s product pilot programme and to develop new deep offshore wind farms.
Asset Disposal to Emerging Market Player
Case Study: Worked with leading German cosmetics and pharmaceuticals client to identify potential emerging market acquirers for a non-core product line. Identified acquisition parties through our global network and supported the client throughout the sale negotiation process.
Origination & Investor Search
Case Study: Supported high-end jewellery and watches manufacturer to re-assess their business plan and develop a ‘buy and build’ growth strategy. Identified strategic and financial investors to accelerate their growth.
Development Partner Identification
Case Study: Worked with an oncology and virology biotech client to find development partners for their unique and highly innovative anti-cancer drugs, which had successfully completed Phase II testing and required additional support to finalise testing and establish distribution channels.
Case Study: Supported an oncology biotech client to identify pharmaceutical firms interested in acquiring or investing in the further development of their highly innovative, patented drug technology